Our storage, unloaded onto the yard, for efficient grouping and sorting. We got rid of mostly everything and it felt good to say goodbye to a few years of junk collecting!
The kids, playing with my yoga ball that they unearthed.
Bethany and the snowboard, soon to be craig's listed!



Aunt Jessica gets her Amos fix!
Amos finds a new toy in his carseat!
Amos and Daddy, singing "The Wheels on the Bus"
Sorry it's been a few days since the last post. We've had a busy time, these past few days!
Friday, Amos and I ran errands. At Trader Joe's and Target, Amos sat in the seat of the shopping cart!!!! That means he's such a big boy!!!! Of course, I forgot to bring the camera, so I will put our almost-working camera in the bag, so I always have one with me! But he was so cute! And it was great to go through TJ's with a cart, not just the stroller! Of course, we spent alot more money, seeing as how there was more space for more stuff! At Target, to calm a bored Amos, I gave him the package of spoons to play with and he loved it. At home, I gave it to him again, and have yet to unpack them. He loves the package!
Saturday morning was slow, as we were up early, then trying to sleep and up again. I was not so happy about the up early bit, but I guess that's what people mean when they talk about kids getting up early. After we got our act together, we ran to Safeway and home again, to make chili. Today was the day to clean out our storage (me, Bethany and Jessica) to make room for our kitchen, and for Nathan and Brendan to build the small tool shed from the kit, that's in pieces in our backyard! Us girls accomplished alot in three hours, and the boys got the foundation and one wall built. It was a fun time of hanging out and getting stuff done! And while I was in the attic, Aunts Bethany and Jessica decided to try the coke bottle glasses on Amos and take pictures. Yeah, it's a good thing I was in the attic, or their fun would have been ruined! After the trip to donate our sttuff, Anos and I put in an appearance across the street, for Luke's first birthday. We got him a big dump truck and apparently, he loves it!
We ended the day with dinner together at Thai Siams, the place that we go for fun group dinners. They know us there and just point to the section we get to sit in, upon arrival. While there, Amos discovered a new toy: the strap on his car seat that tightens and loosens the straps that go around his arms. He was engrossed! He ate some of the dinner I brought for him, but was too distracted by everything going on around him. So on the way home, when he got fussy, my response was, "You'll have to wait until we get home!" And then I realized, I can feed him in the car. Revolutionary!! Amos happily ate the rest of his dinner, and was ready for bed by the time we got home.
Today we went to church, literally, for an hour. We were stationed up north, this week, which is always a stretch for us, since it starts earlier. Amos and I made it there for the sermon and rest of the service, then ducked out during the last song, so as to not close the place down and get Amos home for a nap.
Amos got a great nap, we had lunch and then decided to go and look for things for our new kitchen. And we had so much fun, finding expensive new things to put in our kitchen, which, by the way, is going to be completely re-done, with new cabinets, countertops, fridge, stove, microwave and floor. Whoa! We were able to get most everything picked out, and we were still talking to each other by the end! :)
On our way home, Amos fell asleep and got another good nap. We stopped off for a movie, as it was a cold and dreary day today. Music and Lyrics, a new release, was heart-warming, romantic and funny and the perfect thing for the afternoon. Amos joined us and ate movie snacks with us, his being cheerios!
He continues to eat well and sleep ok: he gets up about every 3-4 hours at night. So, I think we'll be back to sleeping through the night in time to go to TN! His Thrush is also getting better, so that's good. But it's still tough to nurse him, he's so busy and I think gets bored easily. It's only when he's realllllly hungry that he eats well, which usually happens to be in the middle of the night!
This week is a really busy one, preparing the kitchen to be demolished and packing to go home! Can't wait!


No comments:
Post a Comment