Sunday, May 06, 2007

One step at a time...

Pictures from Saturday:





High chair fun and high fives: A good night's sleep makes everything better!

Goodbye Orange Plaid Loveseat!

"I am not left handed!" Me eating dinner, Amos falling asleep, number one.

Yet another cuddle--Amos falling asleep number 2. (For the third, we just put him in bed, and went to bed ourselves, thoroughly exhausted!)

Sunday morning smiles--though he's a bit raspy, he's happy and excited to play and wiggle!

So what a few days it's been. When we last posted, Amos was asleep, me hoping it was for the night. No such luck. Amos woke up right before Nathan got home and when Nathan comes home, Amos gets happy and juiced up. So we were up for awhile. I took a shower, Nathan got food, we attempted to feed Amos, but in the end, he ended up having a major meltdown, one that only playing Radiohead really loud could solve. He was too tired for his own good. He finally fell asleep and I was able to get him swaddled and in bed, so we moved onto the next logical solution after a big deal like that: The Office. Nathan and I, because we don't have cable, have been renting the Season 2 disks. Season 3 isn't out yet, but for a lump sum (that's pretty reasonable), you can download the whole season from iTunes and watch them on your computer or iPod. We opted for the iPod, in bed, so we could watch Amos. And we stayed up way too late. But it was so much fun! I've always voted for a tv in our bedroom!
Amos slept well, up every few hours to eat, but in the end it was ok. We slept in all morning and finally were up at 1 pm. It was just in time, too. The dirt guy was minutes away from our house. So me, in my pajamas, at 1:30 pm, had to move my car and talk to the nice dirt guy. I had just enough time to wet down my crazy bed hair! So now we have lots of new dirt to put in our flower beds.
We then got ourselves together and then headed to church to hang out with Nathan, who was doing band practice. After some discussion, we decided to go to REI to check out their sale that was going on, both of us, for shoes. That was a very productive trip, me getting some nice purple KEEN sandal/shoes and Nathan getting some nice greyish KEEN tennis type shoes for work. All were on sale, which helped alot! Amos, during this trip, took a nap, but not a very extensive one. And, he didn't fall asleep on the way home...bummer. We got home and had to prepare our den to be shifted around, as Tom and Claire were giving us their loveseat futon. So I did some shuffling and soon Nathan and Tom arrived with their futon, and then took our loveseat to Goodwill. Goodbye Orange Plaid Loveseat. I'll miss you!
Amos never went back to sleep. So we had another meltdown night on our hands. I spare you the details, but all in all, he fell asleep, then woke up and had to be bounce walked to sleep, 3 TIMES! It was not fun, nor pretty and by the end of it, his poor little voice was hoarse. He just had to have the very last word, every time. Boy, we really are going to have a busy bee on our hands...
The night went fine, and we were up minimally. We also got a vaporizer and I think it worked. The problem was that Amos is to the coughing stage of the cold, where everything has drained down to this throat. And last night, because he wouldn't stop using his vocal chords, he kept aggrivating them enough to have to cough, making him mad and then crying. It was a crazy cycle. When we got home from REI yesterday, it seemed like he was just packed full of gunk and no amount of suctioning was going to get it all out. So yeah.
This morning has been ok. We are home from church, and taking it easy. He had a minor throw up incident, I think from all the coughing. But has eaten well and slept well. He still sounds hoarse, which is kind of cute. I feel like this morning and yesterday were like the calm after the storm. The love after the fight. It's been a tough week and every night, I pray that he is well tomorrow. Your prayers are much appreciated as well!

No comments: