



Amos engages the book in his usual way: studies it, tastes it, feels it, and bangs it on something.Our warm and sunny streak continues! While it got cloudy and a bit breezy last night, the sun is back today! Amos and I intend to take full advantage!
Yesterday I accomplished something very encouraging: I ran for half a mile, straight! I have been run/walking lately and will usually run/jog for 1 or 2 tenths of a mile at a time, then take a break and walk. But yesterday, I was able to run continuously for half a mile! Granted, it was down a slope, but still, I feel encouraged and am making headway. I don't want to run a marathon or anything, but it feels good to physically be getting somewhere. I still need to lose baby weight, so I can get back into my clothes. I have to keep reminding my body that no, we don't need these extra 10 pounds and we shouldn't be so slow to lose them!
In other news, Amos continues to get well, which is a great relief. His voice is all cute and froggy sounding right now. He's got a bit of a cough still, but it's not keeping him up anymore! I've informed him that he's not allowed to get sick again. I hope he can comply with this order!
Last night was an encouragement too. Though he was up every few hours, to eat, I felt better knowing that we are getting back to familiar territory and that I can begin to push for getting back to our routine: the one that included more sleep at night!
We've had a good morning so far. Amos read his new book after breakfast, On the Farm. I picked it up at Marshall's yesterday. It's one of those books that has things for you to touch. He really liked it!
I hope to also get to a bath for the little guy today. He's been in the same clothes since yesterday, and that's only because I don't want to put clean clothes on his little unclean self. We'll try to get to that! So much to do around here!
Lastly, Amos continues to eat Cheerios like a champ. It is so cool. Nathan was especially happy to get to see it as it happened, first hand, rather than hear about it later. He's a great dad, really involved and helpful. He's so good at making Amos laugh and at engaging his senses. And he playes guitar! Cool!
Thanks too, to all who have been leaving comments. I really enjoy reading them. Keep 'em coming!

1 comment:
"Amos engages the book in his usual way: studies it, tastes it, feels it, and bangs it on something."
I still engage books that way!
Grandpa Joe
Post a Comment