Monday, May 07, 2007

It's getting better all the time...!


Playing on the futon!

Falling asleep in icky clothes!

After the nap, Amos is happy to wiggle again!

I hope I can say that we are on the up and up. Not that we're doing anything illegal or sneaky, but that we're getting better. Or at least Amos is. We had an interesting day, yesterday. It seems that in the morning, he wakes up, happy and rested and makes us think he's getting better. But during the day, he drains, becomes stuffy, drains, coughs and gets tired again. So it's this roller coaster. And I miss his voice! It's still not back yet. So I have to listen really hard to make sure I know what's happening, otherwise, he could be having a meltdown and we really wouldn't know!

We slept until noon yesterday, after a breakfast break. Nathan came home from church and we had fun being all together. When Amos went back down for his second nap, we had an Office watching marathon! We figured out how to plug the iPod into the TV so we were able to watch it on a bigger screen, while trying out our new futon! (Thanks Tom and Claire!) We are really hooked on the Office...it's sooooo funny and awkward and good. After the marathon, we needed to get out and decided to go for a walk. Amos was getting fussy, so I thought I would put him in the baby bjorn and hopefully he would fall asleep. We stopped by our neighbors' house and said hello. As we were leaving, Amos gagged himself again and unleashed on me. So the walk ended. And when I put him on the changing table to get out of the nasty clothes, he almost fell asleep! Poor guy! He did go to sleep well, which I was thankful for after the night of meltdowns. When he woke up again, and then after eating, we decided to try a walk again, and this time he rode in his jogger. He really likes going for walks and seeing the scenery. We had fun, and on the way back, got invited to eat dinner with our neighbors, Dan and Laura. They had extra lunch leftovers and we promised that Amos wouldn't kiss or drool or sneeze or cough on their little guy Luke. We mostly kept that promise, as Luke wanted to be near Amos the whole time! Amos soon showed us it was bed time so we returned home. I fed him and tried to put him down for bed, but he was still awake. Apparently, he was just hungry! We finally went to bed and it was an easy time again, getting Amos to sleep. YAY! I quickly fell asleep only to be awakened an hour and a half later, by Amos, who wouldn't eat and was crying. I paced around the room, hoping he would fall asleep, and he did, a few minutes later. YAY! again--another meltdown averted! He didn't wake me up again until almost 5, which was great.

He's still pretty stuffy and has a cough, but I think he's getting better, as he seems to have energy and is happy, when rested and has a full tummy. I hope the cold gets kicked soon. I'm starting to get a bit worn out on it myself! Again, your prayers are appreciated!

No comments: