Friday, May 04, 2007

The song remains the same.

We are still sick. BUT we slept a whole lot better last night. Who knew that Tylenol could be one's friend in times like these? Well, I didn't but I found out last night. We gave Amos some stuff around 9 last night, as he had developed another fever. He slept for 5 minutes then woke up, a new guy. We couldn't believe how happy he was. And then we slept so well and for so long. It was like a usual night, when we're up every few hours. Amos ate, then went back to sleep. We did have a little party around 3 but it ended well, no screaming or need to go listen to distracting music. And this morning, Amos woke up around 5, I thought to eat, but he was too tired so I got him back to sleep, thankfully. He finally woke up around 7, with a really stuffy nose. When I did the suctioner, the gunk was a bit green. I sorta have a feeling that he's still pretty infectious, and that we may even need to get the antibiotics, in the event of an ear infection. Not exciting news. But the sleeping helps and we are hoping that he can better combat the enemy being well rested. More to come....

1 comment:

Hobbit Wife said...

hyland's makes a homeopathic tablet (like the instantly-dissolving teething tablets) called sniffles n' sneezes. they really worked for beothan's last cold ("nosy tabbits, peas!"), so it might be worth a try for amos. (you do have to religiously follow the directions and administer the tablets every fifteen minutes until the symptoms subside. but, if you spend the hour before naptime or bedtime dosing him up, it may be an hour well spent. hyland's is the only brand that seems to work with our family. i hope it works for yours!