Daddies with guitars are good entertainment!
Before this picture was taken, Amos took his hands that were covered in cracker crumbs and wiped his eyes and hair. Apparently he likes to have cracker all over!
And this is after the washcloth visited.Amos gets involved with pretty much every situation!
Modeling one of our favorite pajamas

Major closeup!


Amos was doing peek-a-boo with me. He's learning so much lately!

Painting is fun!


Amos tries out the comb-over.

The final post-bath hairdo.

Amos again aides in the nebulizing, Thursday morning.
We are still sick. Not as sick as we could be. But sick enough. This whole time that Amos has not been sick, (praise God!), I had no idea what I've been missing out on. The utter lack of sleep, for one thing, has thrown us for a loop. Yes, I've been sleep deprived since Amos was born, but not like this. At least when they are waking up to eat, you know they'll be asleep soon. This time, it's all up to when he can pull it together to either breathe better or just give up. And because Amos is also not sleeping well, due to being really stuffed up, things go from bad to worse really quickly. He gets out the screech cry, immediately. All night, Amos wanted to sleep on me. When that happens, I can't sleep. He's big enough now that it gets uncomfortable after awhile. Which is sad, because I really like cuddling with him. So this morning at 3, he did not like being moved to his bed, and as soon as his head hit his bed, his eyes were wide open, not to be quickly shut. No amount of me saying, "No! Mommy's tired! Go back to sleep!" coaxed him to dream land. So we got up to play. I figured, if he wasn't going to go back to sleep, then we would stop trying and be real about the situation. Nathan got up with us, too, and that helped a bit. We went back to bed at 4, and promptly at 5:30, we were up again. This time, Amos stirred, I put the binky in, he spit it out to breathe and by the time I woke up enough to know what was happening, you guessed it: he was screech crying. That went on for while. Finally, pacing around the living room, listening to the mellow Radiohead playlist calmed him down. Then it was time for a suction and spray, and more screeching. But he recovered quickly and soon we were cuddling, Amos asleep, and me, in my green chair, helping him stay asleep as he was propped up. Nathan went to work and we went to bed. Amazingly, Amos let me put him down and we slept for a good while. He woke up, we ate breakfast and went back to bed. But not before I gave Amos tylenol for his first fever! We slept again and when we woke up, he was less stuffy than before, giving me hope that he is getting better. By this time, it was 1:30 pm and we had to get it in gear for an already scheduled Dr's appt. Amos has also been on steroids for a week and on Tuesday, I increased the treatment sessions from once a day to twice a day. This seems to have helped his cold not move to his lungs and I think the inflamation is going down. The Doc was happy to hear all of this! And when she attempted to look at his ear drums, she found an enormous amount of ear wax, and had to keep cleaning and cleaning so she could see his ear drum. Amos even got out the screech cry for her! But he also gave her a high five, which impressed her immensely! We finally saw the ear drum and although she didn't see any redness, gave us a prescription in case he developed another highishfever and got any worse. Amos also weighed in at 12 lbs, 14 ozs and is 25 1/2 inches long!!! That was really exciting. He'll be to 13 lbs soon! My goal is to make it to at least 15 lbs by his first birthday. We also get to introduce protein foods, such as egg yolks and chicken, and pretty much whatever else we eat. She was glad about his progress in eating and in his social developement. We finally made it home for a feed and nap, much needed for the little guy. I can't sleep right now...oh well!
Yesterday was a pretty good day too. It was fun to have Nathan home for awhile, as he worked for the church. Amos and I stayed busy last night painting and bathing.
So my expectations for tonight are as they've been the past few nights. Maybe I'll be surprised; maybe we'll both get better and be able to sleep better!



No comments:
Post a Comment