Friday, April 06, 2007

Good morning, good morning...


Pictures from Wednesday:



Here's Amos, chewing on the head of a dragon fly!

Before...

... and after. This is what Nathan calls commitment!

Amos watches as Nathan works on music for the church.





Pictures from Thursday:


Amos takes a big gulp of water!


This week keeps getting better and better. We've had really beautiful weather this week, and today seems to be the high point. It's supposed to be in the mid-70's and sunny all day! Yesterday it was warm and sunny, too. Wednesday was warm, but cloudy. We had one of those slow days on Wednesday, just hanging around the house. I decided to start my kitchen project: I am going to strip the cabinets of their paint, with a heat gun and then repaint them white. We are going to do some other things to get this kitchen into shape, including put in new counter tops (YAY!) and a new floor. So my end of the job is to do the cabinets, which I did those four years ago. So April is kitchen-cabinet-redoing month.
Amos continues to improve, as his wheezing is all but disappeared. He only wheezes when he gets really worked up. I think his teeth are moving again, as he's been really cranky in the evenings, especially (while I am trying to make dinner!) so that's been tough. He's moving into the next stage, I think, where he's beginning to kind of voice in a temper tantrum way, what he wants. And it sounds like this high pitched growl/squeal that makes me want to run in the other direction. So....I've begun trying to tell him how much I don't like that and to "use your words", which, will make sense later on! He has been "talking" a whole lot more and even impressed the ladies at Joanne's yesterday, by "talking" and "responding" to them, as if on cue. They were freaking out! The prospect of teeth seems to have motivated him to find new sounds and so he says most consonants. Many times when he wakes up, he just starts talking until I wake up and see that he's ready to eat again. Then I look into his little crib and he gives me a big smile! He's so sweet, even in the middle of the night!
Speaking of sleep, the last two nights, we've gotten longer stretches of sleep, mostly due to me giving Amos the binky when he stirs. He's gone right back to sleep and sometimes will go for awhile more. I used to feel really guilty when I would do this when Amos was younger, but now, I don't feel so bad. He eats every two hours otherwise, so I know he's not starving. And it's not like eating every two hours is putting the pounds on either. So, it's been good to get better sleep at night, as it's become pretty hard to nap during the day, or at least in the morning.


Yesterday we had a lovely time, with the warmth and sun, Amos got to have bare piggies! The first time yet (well, since being out of the hospital or in the bathtub!). He loved it. He's really starting to engage them more and will hoist them up over his head if he's on his back. He's a really curious little guy and wants to touch anything in front of him that looks interesting.
We went to Trader Joe's and Safeway in the morning and then walked around Green Lake in the afternoon. I am now a Trader Joe's convert. I have always known about it and loved it, but it's a bit out of the way from our house, so I don't go very regularly and it's tough to bring Amos in there with his car seat because their baskets are so small that he doesn't fit. But yesterday I wanted to see how much money I could save and it was worth it. I took Amos in in his stroller and filled a handbasket and the stroller basket full of stuff! They helped me to my car and the whole experience was wonderful! Thanks, too, to Whitney for offering to pick up things for me! When we returned home, I decided to clean off the back porch since it's going to be so nice out. I got mostly finished, but will work on it some more today. Our walk around Green Lake was as delightful as ever, especially with a walking buddy. Jenny and Jonas accompanied us around and much fun was had by all! Last night, as we ate dinner, Amos was being fussy so I decided to break out the cereal. I mixed in some formula, vanilla yogurt and banana. Amos wasn't having it. So I tasted it and didn't like it, either. I think the formula ruined it. So I made a new batch, sans formula. It was better. But I had to really get it in there for Amos to eat. He did not readily open his mouth. So after a few bites, I gave him his cup and some water and he was happy. In fact, he found most anything to do (like look at his fingers) besides eat. But afterward, as we finished eating, he seemed happier, like he got a boost in blood sugar. So we were happy to sit and finish dinner in peace. Then we all went to the bathroom for another playdate, so Amos could soak up the steam while I took a shower. Fun was had by all!
I don't know what's in store for today. Probably at least an outing to get a sun hat and sun screen. And maybe a playdate with Aunt Bethany! We'll see!

No comments: