Friday, April 20, 2007

Foofah Manoofah, Amos is 9 months old!

There's a smile in there!

Amos does not appreciate the nebulizer intrusion while he plays with the tag!

Ready for a family walk!

"We gotta get going...it's chilly out here!"

A sleeping baby, in his big boy bed.

What a day. I am exhausted, but not defeated although exhaustion has a way of making everything feel bad. Wednesday night to Thursday was not so good, either. Amos and I both did not sleep very well, so yesterday, we got up for the day at 1:30 in the afternoon. We still got things accomplished, and all in all, it was an ok day. We went for our weekly grocery shop and then after dinner last night, Nathan walked with us. That's the nice thing about spring and summer around here...it stays light until pretty late in the day. Last night went ok. I've gone back to swaddling Amos. He cannot sleep by himself, and right now, we both need to sleep as much as possible. But I talked for awhile this morning to my mom who encouraged Amos to be in his big bed in his room, all of the time. With the goal being for him to sleep through the night, this is a good first step, I think. I am sad that Amos is big enough that we need to work towards that, but understand that sooner is better than later. I will, however, try to get away with morning naps together in our bed! :) Anyway, today Amos did not want to sleep in there. All day we tried, and all day he cried, I cried, he screamed, I sewed, got him up, put him down, it was crazy. I finally just got him to sleep and I truly think for him, it was out of neccessity. We have one busy boy on our hands. Just wait until he's mobile! Anyway, we'll see how this goes. We'll see how many naps and sleepings in a row can be done in there. I'm not looking forward to tonight, but we'll see what happens!
We've also watched a really pretty day go by. It's been sorta warm and sunny today, so maybe we'll go out after Amos wakes up, to salvage what's left!

1 comment:

Jen Gay said...

Sarah, my heart goes out to you!!! I know what you are going through! Take heart it may take time, but he'll catch on and you wil both be thankful. I won't tell you to be strong, because when another mom told me that I thought she was heartless for letting her baby cry. I've since changed my mind, but it doesn't make it any easier. You are in my prayers.
Amos looks wonderful. He is such a sweet boy, I miss you both.
big hug and kiss, Jen