Thursday, April 12, 2007

FINALLY!


Daddy's first solid foods feed! He did a great job!



Amos and his high chair!



Ready for breakfast!

It worked!

Amos' first cheerio: He looks at it, rolls it around with his tongue, chews on it (funny texture!) and then tries to pick up the other half. He doesn't realize it's stuck to the inside of his hand! I finally give it to him. All ends well!

Yay! We have two finallies to report: the first is that Amos was weighed yesterday and he is 12 lbs, 4 ozs! YAY! We FINALLY hit TWELVE pounds! He looks it, too! And, we got Amos a high chair yesterday, so he FINALLY gets to sit in it like a big boy! He loved it, too! Thanks to Stephanie and Terrace, we were able to try out the kind we bought, before buying it. It's a space saving type, that's sort of like a mini high chair that straps into one of your dining room chairs. We especially need this, as our kitchen is already full with baby stuff! This morning we tried it out and he did very well. Now we just have to unprogram him that the excercoser means that he's going to eat...oops!
Anyway, we had a fun day yesterday, hanging out with Aunt Bethany and going shopping. Amos is still a bit wheezy and this morning got another treatment. But he got his last RSV shot yesterday, so maybe that will help!
This week, we've also settled into a feeding/sleeping routine: Amos is usually up at 6 or 6:30 am, he eats, we get up to change and play and then go back to sleep around 7. We sleep until 10 (usually I can sleep alot longer!), he eats, then we get up to change and be "up" for the day (that means me!). I have breakfast and he eats breakfast (Banana Concoction) and we play and then he is ready for sleep around noon. I nurse him to sleep and hopefully he sleeps well. He wakes up, eats, then an hour later has lunch (Prunes a la yogurt) and then about an hour later he is ready to nap again. He may or may not nurse then, if we're out. He'll just fall asleep in the car. But when he wakes up, he's ready to eat! He eats and then right when it's time to make dinner, he'll want to either eat or sleep. So I try to appease him through it, and then we all eat dinner together (he eats Avacado Surprise) and then goes to sleep for an evening nap. We usually hope he'll sleep longer, but usually only sleeps 45 minutes, tops. Then he nurses back to sleep around 10:30 pm, when we are going to bed too. Some nights he'll sleep 3 or 4 hour chunks, or all the way through. Last night, we weren't so lucky! He was up every two or three hours. But I know that things are getting better, so I'm glad about that.
We are also really happy that he gained so much weight in a short amount of time. In 9 days, he gained 6 oz, which to put it in perspective, he had not gained that much in a month. For two months he was 11 lbs, something ozs. So we are hoping that his eating solid foods will help him gain weight faster and grow more. He acts older and seems to comprehend more and more each day. He is so much fun right now and we are enjoying every minute! He is really into tags. On every toy that has a tag, he finds it. So I made him a "taggie" toy: a small blanket with folded ribbons sticking out all around it so he can play with lots of tags. And he loves it. I was hoping he would, as it's hard to make!
Amos also tried a cheerio this morning. He loved trying to pick it up, and I gave it to him in halves. I am introducing foods a bit faster than our doctor suggested, but I think he's doing ok with it all.

No comments: