Finally, a nap!Well, our second day with Bronchiolitis has gone well. Amos actually right now, is not wheezing much, unless he gets more active and excited and seems to be doing ok with breathing. So we are still doing the treatments and taking things as they come. The treatments take about 15 minutes each, which when you're holding something to the face of a baby who doesn't want to sit still, that's a pretty long time. So we sing songs, lots of songs! And poor guy, he's tired from being sick, but the albuterol makes his heart race as a side effect, so it's tough for him to sleep. He's eaten well and had many diapers all day, so those are good signs. This afternoon, I took a shower and then let the water go to make more steam. So Amos and I had a bathroom playdate, like I used to do with my brother Joel when we had the croup, as little children. Supposedly it helps things a little bit, so we tried! Tonight we are having dinner together and are getting ready for bed. Maybe we'll get to sleep some more tonight!
And a funny picture from Aunt Bethany's house last week:
I left for two minutes to go to the bathroom and left Amos with Beth and Dan. While I'm gone, he spit up all over Beth. Luckily, Dan took this shot of Beth's surprise and Amos' indifference. Pretty funny stuff!


No comments:
Post a Comment