
It is with great delight that we signed our "bill of sale" papers to Jim and Amanda tonight. It gives us great joy and comfort to leave our humble abode, our first house, in their capable hands. It's as if all of the work we've done was not in vain, but for someone we really love to take over and inhabit. All the work that Nathan and many of our good friends over the years will be enjoyed by Jim and Amanda, as well as those people, as they come to visit the new homemakers of 1631 NE 186th St.
Today was another day of packing and I am so glad for two things: one, for Stacey, Abby, Laura and Dan who helped us pack today. Again ,their fresh perspectives (and Italian jet lag) were so helpful. I am also glad that it's almost done, as the blitz of activity that has been packing a house into boxes and packing those boxes into a truck, is almost done. I've been running around crazy these past few days, half of the time with a screaming baby also wanting my attention.
Amos is doing well, though, I think, feels the change in the air. He's had a hard time sleeping today and last night. I can't wait to focus on him again, fully, if even for a few days in between moves.
I realized tonight how unknown we are in Indy and that made me really sad. Saying good bye to Dan and Laura came upon us so quickly and I didn't have time to process it. Later, I cried with Abby as I realized we will not get to be silly with them again. I also already miss my friends and people that I didn't really get to hug good bye. So sad.

I know this move is a good thing and that we are following God's plan for our lives. It's just really tough and I don't think it's going to get easy anytime soon!
OK, off to bed for me. Oh, and more pictures:
Aunt Abby attempts to pack an Amos!
Almost done!




No comments:
Post a Comment