Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Recap

Well, what can I say--things are a bit busy around here, so blogging has become more of a luxury (it means I have time to sit down!) than necessity (although it helps to blog daily, so as to remember what's happened lately!).
FRIDAY, JULY 27

We spent the day at home, with Amos able to sleep while the contractor, Mark, worked here. He finished the kitchen and now we are enjoying the new kitchen. No more portchen! We've been able to sell the dishwasher (they were not able to convert my awesome 2nd anniversary present into a stationary dishwasher), give away the stove, and are in the process of giving away our microwave. We moved the table into the kitchen and I especially have enjoyed the amazing luxury of having a dishwasher next to the sink! Although, there's probably lots of exercise I'll be missing from not toting dishes into the laundry room and dishwasher.
ANYWAY--Also on Friday, the new front door was intstalled and it's soooooo gorgeous! Nathan did an amazing job on staining it. It's added so much light to the living room and makes our house look so nice!
In Amosland, he tried cheese and I think he liked it ok. But I haven't given it to him any more since. He's been doing well eating his other foods. He loves to drink milk from the cup and munch on pizza crusts (until they get dangerous!). He's a big eater, though, eating at least two lunches and two dinners each day!




Amos shows off his new nose trick--he scrunches it up and breathes in and out quickly. He loves to do it, and will do it if we start!


Amos tries the cheese and makes faces at the camera!

Our light-filled living room thanks to the new door!

SATURDAY, July 28th

Happy Birthday Gracie!
Happy Birthday Auntie Kletia!!

Amos and Kletia hang out on his birthday.

Saturday was a busy day of getting things done and then we went to the church for a party with the musicians that Rick and our friend Lisa put together for us. We enjoyed yummy bbq and then had a jam session, where Rick tried out his new guitar amp. His birthday was Sunday, so we all celebrated with him!
Amos and I left early to head up north to a girls party for Aunt Bethany. Amos enjoyed being the center of attention (as usual) but was getting pretty fussy after awhile from not napping enough, earlier in the day. After about an hour with the girls, we went back down to Seattle for an outdoor viewing of "This is Spinal Tap," which was alot of fun. Amos finally crashed out and we headed home late in the evening.
We also discovered this weekend that he doesn't like watermelon. I am not sure if it's the texture or taste or both, but he preferred to play with it instead of eat it!


Amos and the giant watemelon that he won't eat, but will play with!


Amos does the army crawl to get to the camera bag (toy!).




SUNDAY, July 29th
Happy Birthday Uncle Dan!
Happy Birthday Rick!

This morning we woke up late and made it to church up north in the middle of the service. I felt really compelled to go, though, as it was our last Sunday there. :( Because we got up so late, Amos had breakfast in the back of the church and we got to hang out with the other moms and tots. It was sad to say our goodbyes.
That night we had another going away party to go to at the church. Rick put together a churchwide party and we enjoyed hanging out with everyone. Amos wowed everyone with his kazoo playing skills (which, someday, we'll put video up of) and we danced and sang to more jams with the musicians. Again, it was sad to say goodbye and I was so overwhelmed with emotion that I just didn't even process it. Abby also moved in with us, as Dan and Beth were going to start the process of moving the rest of their belongings to Dan's dad's house. Again, many tears were shed; I just focused on feeding Amos.




Amos and his kazoo: It's that funny!




MONDAY, July 30


More painting today, doors and door jams. But we had a pleasant surprise in the afternoon--our neighbor across the street, Laura came over and helped me paint doors and door jams. It was a really great time of hanging out and catching up!
That night we went over to the elder Riberas' house again, who are in Italy (we miss you!) and had a cookout with some of our favorite people. The boys played Botchi Ball until dark and we girls danced a little bit. Amos wowed everyone with his air-drumming skills and again, we got home really late!









TUESDAY, July 31

More painting! But seriously, we're coming down the home stretch. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and that helps. I again had a helper today, in the form of a Ms Stacey Solano who helped me paint the front windows, exterior, and the exterior front door trim. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the finished product in the day light, so I'll have to do that tomorrow. Amos was sentenced to the excercoser where he watched us paint. He decided to only sleep for half an hour this afternoon, so he was a bit fussy tonight. After a good second dinner, though, he was out like a light.

House update: we are waiting til the weekend to put it on the market, as our realtor is out of town and we still have so much to do. We are really relieved, actually, as we couldn't imagine staging our house to make it look all fancy and live in it too! Hopefully showing an empty house will be just as good, but after all the work we've done (and people we'll be leaving) it's so nice and I'm reconsidering this whole moving thing...

No comments: