




Well, here we are, in Lincoln City, OR on the coast. We are staying in a really nice Inn, on the beach and are loving it. At about 8:30 last night, we decided to stop and looked for "no vacancies" signs. The Lord was kind and we got the last room here. It's been a bit pricey to stay and eat here, but we've decided, we're on vacation and we're going to enjoy it!
We had a great time in Portland with our friends, Matt and Kelly Roley and their kids, then met my friend Angela for lunch. We were roomates at L'abri in 2000 and were amazed to be with each other again after seven years. On our way out of Portland, to the coast (along with everyone else heading out for the weekend), we stopped in a well shopped area to look for sunglasses and give me a hair trim. After that, we headed West.
We had a beautiful drive through the Tillamook Forest we arrived in Tillamook, for a tour of the cheese factory! What fun that was!
So here we are, ready to hit the pool and then the beach and then the road to see the Redwoods. Seattle feels so far away and when I look at the pictures, it feels like a lifetime ago. And yet, I feel the real ache for our friends and family that we said farewell to.
I hope to do a "week in review post" of our last week there, so stay tuned!

2 comments:
Jenny and I love the Tilamook Cheese Factory...we stopped there on our honeymoon and can't wait to take Jonas. We miss you guys and are sad that Seattle is no longer your home. We are grateful for your friendship and now have an excuse to visit the great state of Indiana. Godspeed.
Which L'abre did you go to? I didn't know you did that! So fun that you got to see the Roleys!!!!
Post a Comment