Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Tuesday in Black and White (this one's for you, Grandpa Joe!)










The last two days have been good ones, for the Partains. We have played much, slept little and have had a few adventures of note. Yesterday brought warmth and sun and a trip to the Bailey's house. We had lunch and then walked to Starbucks. It as a very pleasant walk, an almost 3 mile round trip, which is impressive for us: two women, each with a jogger and one with an unborn child! Whitney was a trooper and we enjoyed the marvelous day together. Last night Nathan and I watched the Holiday, a cute romantic comedy of a movie that has little reality and a touch of fairy tale. So, I liked it! Amos slept through most of it. I think he was worn out from all of the playing and good weather enjoying that we did! But last night, I was awakened everytime he moved, as we were falling asleep, and thus, did not fall asleep myself until very late. Guess who was up an hour later to eat? So today, I'm really trying hard to act like real person, not the zombie I feel like inside!

After sleeping in this morning, we readied ourselves for a trip to see the plants that the Landscaper pulled aside. Today's weather was not so kind. Luckily, Amos' stroller/car seat combo has a nice canopy and he was tucked away warmly inside. I was cold, and not wet but still cold. It looks like we'll have some nice greens to put in front to make our little house look lush all year around.

This afternoon, Amos did not want to nap, though he needed it. No amount of anything helped, and he just fussed the whole time. But as I was trying, I decided to take out the camera and play with the black and white feature again. The result is some sweet pictures of us, a moment of smiles amidst the fusses and lots of giggles. They are probably pretty cheesy, but oh well. Enjoy!

Later...

So, I'm pretty sure that Amos is getting at least one, if not two, teeth. One of them happens to be his top left eye tooth, which if that comes in, will earn Amos the nickname, "Fang!" His bottom tooth also keeps trying to come through, so we'll see. I think that's been the source of our troubles today, as Amos again, this evening refused to sleep. (This afternoon I gave him some teething tablets which seemed to help.) The thought of his fussiness got me in gear: it was bath time! And, it's especially fun since Daddy was here to take pictures for Tuesday in Black and White. We had fun, although, since Amos was so tired, he wasn't up for many smiles. We managed to get a few, though, after a bunch of hootin' and hollerin'. He went to bed with a full tummy and some tylenol. Hopefully he'll sleep well. I'll be in soon to join him!

No comments: