Amos did so well on our date!
He played witht he piece of bread for a long time!
And tried to eat it but was blocked by the binky!

The view from Daddy's side; he embarrassed us and used the flash!

Somehow, I got a good shot! :)

This morning, Amos and I were napping, soundly and peacefully, when our behind-door neighbor decided to leaf blow their driveway, which goes right by our bedroom and window. We were rudely awakened, anad did not return to sleep. Amos was not so happy about being awake. Neither was I, but then, I'm not getting a new tooth! So, we got up and readied for the day. Aunt Bethany called, later to tell us she was free to hang out! An hour later, we headed to Seattle to walk around the lake, and a good walk it was! We did just over 3 miles in about an hour. We played some more at Beth and Dan's and then headed home. I thought about stopping at Target, but Amos was screaming in his seat, tired and hungry. He soon was happy again and I made dinner. We made another attempt to go out and this time went to Target up north. First we stopped at Barnes and Noble to see Aunt Laura, and she pointed out some good baby food books. I was getting so inspired! We successfully made it to Target and Nathan was going to meet us, and maybe go for a date. But I decided that Amos was too iffy and had not slept in awhile. So he and I headed home, when much to our surprise, I noticed that he had fallen asleep in the car. We got home and he was out. So, we turned around and went right back up to Lynnwood, for a date. And it worked perfectly. Between the drive there and the wait at Macaroni Grill, we had enough time for Amos to sleep and eat in the car.
Our date was so wonderful. We ordered wine and dessert and had a lovely time hanging out together. Amos was great, too! He played with a hunk of bread for what seemed like an eternity. He had his binky in, so he couldn't eat the bread. He was fascinated with it! And it was funny to watch him try to put it in his mouth, only to be blocked by the bink! The last time we went to Macaroni Grill, was on our anniversary, just after Amos had his second shunt surgery. They were out of our favorite, Tiramisu, then, so we got a chance to eat the heavenly dessert this time. We also ordered this Snickers in a pastry type dish that was so rich and soooo good!
Thankfully, too, we were able to fall asleep after all the excitement. Sleep is good!


No comments:
Post a Comment