Sunday, March 25, 2007

Soggy Saturday...

Today we woke up to more rain. Only one day this week, Wednesday, has begun with a promise of sun. Even then, it ended with rain. Oh well, this is Seattle!
We all woke up together and enjoyed hanging out. Amos loves it when we are both around--he notices our differences, I think, and really appreciates them. While Nathan accomplished his list, Amos and I played, ate, diapered, etc. and then we headed down south to Seattle to Target and Best Buy. While at Target, I purchased a sippy cup and some bowls for our growing boy. I am going to try prunes tomorrow, as Amos has been a bit stopped up, I think due to the cereal. He did poo some today, which was a relief. He also has really stinky gas, so it would be nice if he could poo more. ANYWAY! Nathan got us some new music to listen to, and then we headed over to Green Lake. After a stop at our favorite caffeine source, we walked for a bit, in between rain showers, and then headed to an early dinner with folks from our church. We are in the process of saying goodbye to our Associate Pastor and his wife, Kevin and Stephene as they head to St Louis to lead a church there. It's definitely bittersweet as they have been with us for the last four years. There is a candidate for that postition, and his wife, visiting this weekend and we got to meet them at the dinner. If it's the Lord's will that they move here, and join our community, it will be a blessing to get to know them better!
Amos was a trooper, eating in the car and grabbing naps when he could. He's been really giggly all day, which has been a blast. He really does have a happy temperment, which I think means he's got some Grandpa Sheehan in him! We spent the rest of our evening hanging out together. Nathan worked on a song idea, while Amos watched and wiggled. I photographed the events, and then discovered the black and white switch on our camera. More photo fun ensued! There may be more than one version of a shot showing up!
All in all it was a good day. Hopefully, we'll sleep more tonight and enjoy worshipping tomorrow.

No comments: