




Last week I gave Amos his first official haircut (the hair shave he got before surgery doesn't really count!). It was so practical and had to be that moment, that I did not take any pictures. It was right after breakfast, and Amos was still in his highchair. His hair was stranded together in such a way that it was the perfect setup for a quick snip. So I did it and yes, saved the little strands. Now he looks like an even bigger boy, with short hair in the front and his little over-the-ears-hair growing in, too.
On Sunday night, Nathan got a really short hair cut as the one I had given him before wasn't lookin' so good and it was time for a change!
Amos shows off his new doo!
New haircuts--I accidentally cut off their heads with the camera!

Cuddles and fun with Daddy!
So far, on the shunt front, Amos is doing well. We are fighting colds, though, with Nathan sick yesterday and today, a bit of a cold for me and Amos, with a runny nose and small cough. He is also getting another tooth, so add that to the mix!
Last night Amos had fun in the bath. He is a bath maniac! Everytime we turn on the water or take a shower, he's right there emphatically asking to get in, too. Last night, as I was undressing him, he could hear the water going. As soon as he could, he crawled into the bathroom to look at the bath. He was in only his onesie, and I later learned that the sound of the water made him pee! Good thing we were already in the bathroom!


We are gearing up for our move on Saturday and are getting really excited to be moving in and setting up. We get new carpet on Monday, so after that, we'll really get going! We have a truckload of helpers coming this weekend, which is again, proof of our caring community here. And we are savoring our last days with the Berends, realizing that Amos is really going to miss the kids and we are all going to miss each other.

No comments:
Post a Comment