Sunday, November 18, 2007

MOVED IN!!

That's right! We spent the night at our new house last night, and loved it.
Yesterday morning we were up and ready to go. I finished with the packing in our room and Nathan met Chet for keys and then picked up a jug of coffee for the mover. Dr. Mike graciously provided the donuts and the guys began the packing process. Later on, I packed the car and drove over to the new house to meet Dave, who is replacing the carpet for us on Monday. As I walked through the house, I couldn't believe the day had come! I love the house. It's so perfect for us. It feels like our house in Shoreline (which we will always love the most!) but has more space, which someday, we'll need (no, I'm not pregnant!).
Because we're having the carpet done on Monday, we had to unload into the bottom half of the house. I put up signs on the walls for the different rooms for the appropriate boxes and then lots of other things ended up in the basement (like our attic stuff and Beth and Dan's kitchen stuff!).
After we had unloaded, folks began building IKEA furniture and mostly all of it is done! Even our cool red corduroy couch has the slip covers. While that was going on, Amos, our friend Lora and I went back to the Berends' to continue packing and to bring a carload over. It was then that it began to sink in. I came downstairs to talk to Julie and fell apart. I was just so sad to leave and for this special time to be over. It was good to get that out of the way, though, and Julie was very comforting in reminding me that I have a great house now. Have I mentioned how great they are?
We returned to the new house. We gave Amos a nap and then started painting his room. The color turned out to be a bit lighter than we wanted, but in the end, is going to be perfect. It's a lighter shade of the grey/purple/blue color that we had before.
Our friend Christa and I painted while the boys got dinner and after dinner we attempted to finish but were too tired.
Sleeping in our own bed last night was awesome! This morning I'm back at the Berends' for breakfast, as our food is still here!
We'll try to update as much as possible!

1 comment:

Josh Moore said...

So glad you're finally moved in. Sounds and looks like such a great home. We miss you guys. Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Josh, Jenny and Jonas