Monday, July 16, 2007

The times, they are a changin'...

Wow! What a busy last few days to tell about.

THURSDAY, July 12 (Happy Birthday, Aunt Jessica!)

Thursday was the day of driving. First we played with Sofia and Gianna, the girls that Bethany nannies for, when they visited Beth's apartment. They were so excited to see Amos, as many of their baby things have been passed down to us and they were very patient this winter to wait to play with him after the germ season passed! After the visit Amos and I drove Abby over to Redmond so she could train for her new job, data testing online for a medical malpractice insurance company owned by our good friends, Jonathan and Sheila Waterman. While she spent the afternoon there, Amos and I drove to South Center, a good long drive, to pick up some flooring for the outbuilding. After the pickup, a trip to Target, and lunch, we headed back to Redmond, and I was thankful for our little carpool, the whole way! In Redmond, we stopped by my old job to say hi to the ladies and Marco, there. We also ran into a few families I knew, which was great. I love that place and will miss it soo much, when we move. I spent so much time there, before Amos was born, and have some pretty good friends there. I imagine Nathan feels the same way, with leaving High Road. After our visit we went back out to pick up Abby and successfully avoided a traffic jam by taking the back roads and arrived in no time to collect Abby. We made the drive toward Seattle, and soon were sitting in horrible traffic, waiting to get over the bridge. Not even the carpool lane was moving. So, we went another direction which was also really backed up (did I mention there was a Mariners game that night?!). Soon we decided it would be best to eat dinner in Bellevue and then go to Seattle, in hopes that the traffic would die down! When we arrived at the mall to eat, we discovered that Amos had wet through his diaper and was wet everywhere. Thankfully we were at the mall, entering JC Penney! We found an inexpensive outfit (I had forgotten to put extra clothes in the diaper bag!) and finally went for dinner. During our meal, Amos put in a request for a new diaper so we went back to the JC Penney's bathroom for another diaper change.
We finally made it home and collapsed from exhaustion!




Hanging out with the girls!


Dinner with Abby at the mall.

FRIDAY, JULY 13th

We woke up and started working. Nathan had the day off and set out to accomplish a variety of jobs. Abby was there to help and began painting the hallway. I was in packing and organizing mode, trying to get things packed up and ready to paint.
Our new appliances arrived on Friday, too. I was so glad that Nathan was there, as we ran into a glitch trying to get the refridgerator in the house. The doorway from the living room to the kitchen was too narrow and we weren't going to be able to get the fridge in! So Nathan got out his tools and began tearing off the door jam and trim, and voila! the problem was solved. We just need a new door jam now! After the appliances were safe and sound in the kitchen, Nathan went and picked up our new front door, to begin staining it. It is so beautiful, although, nothing can replace the wonderful red door that we've had since last September! That night we continued to work and stopped to make a trip to Home Depot. On the way home we stopped at Arby's for dinner and drove home as Amos napped. He woke up when we got home, so we had a picnic dinner, with Amos in the exercoser in the living room. Abby and Dan went to the Mariners/Tiger game. The Tigers won, which made Abby really happy!


The Fridge is here! The old is gone and the new has come!

Protecting the door from the threatening rain.

Nathan begins the staining process.

Amos plays with his new favorite toy, a Gatorade bottle, during our dinner picnic.

SATURDAY, July 14th

Again, we were up early to get work done. We were expecting some friends to come over and help, so I was busy preparing rooms to be painted. Abby finished the hall and started on the living room. The house officially became a complete mess. The living room was on the front lawn (affectionately called the living lawn) and the contents of the outbuilding were in the backyard, as Nathan was going to put down new laminate flooring and paint the walls. Chad and Dan arrived and the boys started on the floor. I prepped the living room and kitchen and when they were done, we started the mad painting dash, before everyone had to leave. We all got pretty far and Nathan and I continued painting after their departure. It soon was time for Amos and I to go to a birthday party for Jessica, to deliver an original Amos birthday card. After a stop at Target, we headed back home, Amos for bed, and me for more painting. Nathan and I got the outhouse painted and then I started a second coat on the living room. Nathan loaded the outhouse back up with stuff and then he and I went to bed, around 2 AM. Amos was up at 4:30. :)
The floor team strikes again!

A mostly finished bathroom.

A newly painted living room.


The backyard in flux.


SUNDAY, July 15th

We were happy to rest, at least after church. We were up North for service and enjoyed church with our brothers and sisters in Lynnwood. After church and a short car nap for Amos, we had lunch over at the Bailey household (their blog is Michael Delving) and enjoyed hanging out with them and catching up. Beothan, their almost two-year-old, really enjoyed hanging out with Amos and their newest little one, Elasaid is still small enough that Amos actually looked like an almost one-year-old next to her! After lunch it was naps all around and an evening of dinner and a movie. Amos was especially tired so he was in bed early. Despite our attempts for an early bedtime, we went to bed really late. Oh well!



Amos and Elasaid play together.


Bath time!

No comments: