Well, today we got the missing pieces to the kitchen puzzle, our countertops, installed. And they are gorgeous! They are "quartz" which is two steps down from Granite, I believe, but are just as nice, and are really really gorgeous. The most satisfying thing is to see our kitchen vision/design come together. The coloring of the quartz is mostly dark-ish---black, gray, brown, with flecks of gold and white in there. The maple cabinets really bring out the gold flecks, and the muted gray tile floor matches really nicely with the countertops as well. We are so excited to see it all come together. As if leaving our church, friends and home for the last few years weren't hard enough, we are leaving a gorgeous kitchen behind as well.
The workmen arrived around 4 and got right to work. Abby was over helping me pack and Amos was taking a nap. Soon he was awake to watch the excitement.
The slabs were really heavy, and these guys handled them really well. After putting them into place, they used a silicon glue to keep them in place and to keep the sink in place. The stuff is really smelly, so I was thankful that the windows were open so that Amos and I didn't get too many of the fumes.








About an hour later, they were finished and we were left with beautiful countertops. Tomorrow Mark comes back to finish plugging in the appliances and doing the trim work in the kitchen. This morning I got the kitchen an living room all painted, so it's good to have that done. I really don't like painting. Really.
Tonight I had a freak accident taking the recycling bin to the street. It was so full of stuff that it began to fall over and knocked me over, and the worst part is that I was holding Amos so I actually dropped him (from about a foot up) and we both fell. Thankfully he was not hurt but I bumped and scraped my knee and ankle and somehow injured my pinky toe. So as I write this, I am icing all wounded areas. Nathan was sweet and doctored up my scrapes. I hope this doesn't slow me down, as there is alot to be done! Amos was ok, after recovering from the shock and surprise, was his same old wiggly self.


No comments:
Post a Comment