Long-legged Amos plays on the futon, Sunday morning.
Our Dinner Party, Saturday night. (Notice the beautifully grilled Salmon!)Yeserday was a busy day around our house. It also was a Daddy-Son day. Amos woke us up at 7:30 and I was not ready to be awake. Nathan grabbed him (feeling himself, fresh as a daisy) and took care of him for the morning, while I slept, until 10:00!! I woke up to seeing Amos in the front pack, facing out and very happy. They had a great morning together, going to get coffee, eating breakfast, going for a walk and watering the plants! Nathan is so happy to finally be able to do some of the caring for Amos, since he now eats solids, and that's food Nathan can feed him! I put Amos down for a nap (unswaddled!!!) and then got up for the day. Nathan cleaned up our yard, which was a major undertaking. He hauled the rest of the pile away from the side of the house, as well as alot of other junk lying around. During Amos' afternoon nap, I went over to Home Depot, and returned to see him awake, hanging out in the front yard, in the exercoser, while Nathan was on the roof, cleaning the gutters. It was so cute! I put another coat of primer on the kitchen walls, and remembered how long it takes to paint. After A's evening nap, we went across the street to eat dinner with Dan and Laura. They had gotten some salmon and were going to grill it. It was sooooo delicious! Amos had his first taste of corn, eating little kernels that I had cut off of my corn on the cob. While over there, Nathan gave Amos dinner, as I was going crazy from his not nursing and was glad to hand him off.
Amos was getting tired, so I swaddled him and he fell asleep, letting us sit and talk awhile more. We finally were too tired to talk and headed home for bed. Amos was able to go back to sleep unswaddled and had a harder night, sleeping, it seemed, but still, we didn't do any swaddling!!!
House update: We haven't heard anything yet, on whether or not the offer was accepted. And last night, we calculated the monthly payment for the house, and realized it may be too much for us, even if we put the money we make from our house now, into that house. So we're going to keep praying that the right house would be available and that we would be wise to know what to do!

1 comment:
Way to go, Nathan. I always feel so loved and cared for when Joseph does that for me. We are blessed to have husbands like them!
Post a Comment