It's interesting being in this month now. I've found myself saying, "this time last year..." and remember how big I was finally getting as I entered the last trimester. I was acutally enjoying being so pregnant and hopefully, if we do this again, I will get to experience that!
Anyway, here are a few "this time last year" pictures:
In Normandy Park, south of Seattle, overlooking the Sound.
Me and my good friend, Jennifer on her Father-in-Law's house boat on Lake Union in Seattle.
The house project of last summer.
Taking Dad to the airport.
Anyway, on to this year!
As we said before, we had breakfast at the Family Pancake House, which was so delicious. Amos and I shared a waffle and scrambled eggs and he enjoyed watching people come and go, servers and bus boys move about.
While Amos was asleep, Nathan and I got things done: I did some shredding (it took an hour!) and Nathan put the finishing touches on the shed. I also did some grocery shopping and finally we were ready to head south of the airport to Angle Lake. Abby joined us and as we drove, Amos fell asleep. We arrived to a very busy lake, but found lots of people happy that it was warm and sunny, enough to swim. In years past, folks have braved wind and rain to celebrate, so this year was a great one!
We hung out, talking to friends, grilling and dipping our toes in the water. It was loud, though, as the teenage boys were happily exploding things, so that got tiresome after awhile. And after our late night at the Riberas, we were not going to make it to 10:30 to see the fireworks. So we decided to head home, even though I was trying to make it to watch them, we were too tired. We were in bed by 10:45 pm, being the first time parents that we are!








1 comment:
We skipped the fireworks, too, in hopes of an early bedtime. Unfortunately, the fireworks came to us (via the neighbors) and we didn't end up getting to sleep as early as we had hoped.
Post a Comment