Saturday, October 06, 2007

Sick Amos!

So this week has been interesting.
On Tuesday, at lunch time, we walked through a house that is next door to the house that was already sold and occupied when we went to look at it.
This house is very spacious, totally redone and very pretty inside. One problem, the backyard is lacking. It's very small. And I mean VERY!
So we have been praying and talking and thinking all week about this house: in our price range, big enough to grow into, redone but with old character, in a great location and on and on. But will we miss having a backyard? We have a great two-car garage as well, but I wish they had somehow split the difference!
While living in Shoreline, I couldn't imagine having any smaller of a backyard and many times, dreamed of tearing down the house behind us to reclaim the rest of the yard. But now, I've seen it, a yard smaller than that!
The house has a cool front porch and a bit of grass up front, so that's comforting!
Also on Tuesday, Amos began coughing, probably catching the random cough that I've had lately and it has turned into bronchiolitis, possibly, again. So that's no fun. He has begun his inhaled treatments and hopefully, those will help. He already wheezes less, so that's helpful. We've had a few sleepless nights and hard days, so please pray that Amos will be healed soon. We spent time at the urgent care clinic yesterday and after an appointment that lasted longer than it should, I simply had to leave to give Amos a nap so that we could do treatments here. It was a very frustrating morning and it made me miss Seattle and the great healthcare we had there.
There are many things like that that I miss being here. We did not realize what a great location we had in Shoreline: great neighborhood, close proximity to grocery, movies, post office, Starbucks :), etc etc. Too, the people here in many of the service oriented industries are slow and not very nice. They frequently get our orders wrong and it feels like we are always fighting to get things right. It's definitely been easy to miss Seattle this week, too, as we are breaking records with high temperatures. I am ready for fall!
Anyway, getting back on track. Amos and I did have a fun morning on Wednesday at the Children's Museum, exploring the play area and carousel. We went with another family that has two extra people free on their pass, so it was fun to share the experience with them and be blessed by the free admission! Amos loved it. He loves exploring things and had a great time crawling around.
Despite being sick, he's still his active self and although I have moments of exhaustion from the sheer busyness of taking care of him, he is still a great delight and I feel like he and I are becoming a better team. Even though he cannot talk, he's very expressive with his tones of voice and sounds. He's also gotten better at waving goodbye or saying goodnight. He is a true character!
Well, this has been one rambling post! Please pray for us in the next few days as we try to decide whether or not to buy the Sutherland house. As I told Nathan, I would be okay with spending the winter holed up in this house!

No comments: