


"How many pictures can one person take of a baby on the floor?" Alot, I guess! (If there were a baby Rolling Stone magazine, this shot would be the prime candidate for the July cover!)
Amos happily helps to choose a paint color at Home Depot!
...And zones out at Costco!
Back at home, he takes to playing with the gum massager from Grammy Carole, again, on the floor!
Amos and I spent another day in the U District, though not nearly as much of the day as we have been this week.
I meant to expound on yesterday's title, Summer in the U District. Last summer, when Amos was born, I drove back and forth from our house and the UW Med Center, many times in the morning and evening. I have been transported back to that time, by doing the same drives this week, again, with work being done on our house. And while last summer was no walk in the park, making the drive to be with my baby was worth it. And this summer, I get to soak in the enjoyment of making those drives with Amos in the car with me, happy and healthy.
Anyway...
So Amos took a great nap this morning, while Abby and I watched Miss Potter, a really delightful and sweet movie. He woke up, we had lunch, then came home to meet with our neighbor, Hal, who's going to help us sell our house. It was good to talk to him and soon we'll know and decide on that magic number! The meeting left us feeling very overwhelmed, though, with all that is still left to do on our house to get it ready to sell. Amos went for another nap and Nathan returned to High Road.
Amos spent alot of time playing on his tummy again today. It's very encouraging to see him moving around. And, he did his first sign language tonight, when I asked after dinner, "Are you all done?" He looked at me, smiled and waved both hands in the air. It was a triumphant moment. It means that he gets it, that he's really starting to understand. I was very proud, as that also shows that his mental development isn't too far off of the 11 month mark!!
After dinner, Amos and I went to Home Depot and Costco. Now that Amos is tall enough to sit in the shopping carts, it's more fun to take him shopping and alot easier, as carts fit more in them than do baskets and strollers! I guess Amos is an official boway now, riding in the shopping carts!

2 comments:
Yay for signing back!!! That is awesome.
Even though I don't comment, I do check your blog pretty regularly and enjoy your posts and your updates.
And I just want to say I'm really having a hard time having a good attitude about you guys leaving. I know you're following God's leading and all, but still... =(
amos is hilarious...it was good to see y'all on sunday. my blog is deep-roots.blogspot.com
justin
Post a Comment