Well, we've made it back home safely from our journey around the Southeast and Midwest states. I say that because the whole flying thing between Nashville and Indy brought us our first layover. That's right...I guess not many people fly directly between those two cities very often.
Anyway, it was a good but hard traveling day. The first toughy was that Nathan has a cold and wasn't feeling 100%. I was trying to pack, too, and then we wanted to drive around Indy some more. After driving around, we had to race to get ready to go to the airport and when we arrived there, realized we had forgotten the stroller. Major bummer number two. I was not happy. But we had to go without it. The third thing was that I had to pull out every ounce of baby food, etc, from our carefully packed bags at security. This was the first airport that made me do that, so I was quite frazzled, especially trying to wrangle Amos in the carseat with no stroller.
Amos did well on the first flight to Chicago. For the trek (and I do mean trek) through the airport to the other terminal, for our flight to Seattle, I put him in the baby bjorne. He seemed to like that, especially as we rode the mechanical walkway through a tunnel that had neon lights on the ceiling!!
Soon we boarded a huge plane and I attempted to get Amos to sleep. This began a meltdown. At first, it wasn't so bad, he was just fussy. But soon it escalated to screams and cries and my worst nightmare was coming true. People around us were squirming as Amos screamed and I just wanted to sit there and cry, myself. Finally I stuck him in his seat, pulled the canopy over, put two blankets on top and let him cry. We heard the muffled cries, (it broke my heart) but hoped he would fall asleep. Finally I pulled him back out and he collapsed in exhaustion, and fell asleep. I looked at my watch and realized it was 9 PM his time, and that he had last slept until 2:30 PM, for 45 minutes. He was worn out, and it was his bed time. No wonder the meltdown!! He slept for an hour, woke up crying and fell back asleep in my arms for another two hours.
The rest of the flight got better, with TV episodes to watch. Getting home went well too. Dan picked us up and we stopped at their apartment for dinner. Amos was in a chipper mood, having slept so much, so it was a good time to give him second dinner and let him wiggle on the floor.
Our house is a wreck. Our kitchen is on the back porch and the other half is in the living room. I am going to attempt to make some sense of the mess today.
We had a good night, too. I was worried that Amos was going to wake up at the crack of dawn, but he did well sleeping in until 7:15. I also aim to get him back to the Pacific time zone!
Our trip in Indy went well. We are still talking and praying about what to do. It would be really tough to leave here, and being back makes that reality a bit more sad. But I am not sure, yet, what we'll do.
One more Amos thing: he's been playing for longer amounts of time on his tummy the last few days, and even pulls himself toward an object he wants. So I think he's getting close to the beginning of crawling!! He's definitely better at rolling around, too. This is all really great, as our developmental appointment is tomorrow and we'll get to show them Amos' skills, to date. Aunt Abby also gets in late tonight, so we'll get to play with her again this summer!
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment