Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"Keep on rockin' in the free world..."

I think that's going to become our househunting mantra.
Yesterday we got really excited about a cool house on the market, in our price range, with an awesome kitchen, and close to the church.
When we went to look at it, we were greeted at the door by a nice guy, who informed us that the house was no longer for sale, and that they were the new owners. We asked to look around anyway and yeah, it would have been really really cool.
Oh well.
So after some thought last night and today, we might explore the redo house (1410 Sturm) option again. We may try to not do everything that we wanted and see what that comes to.
In other news, Amos and I are becoming regular social butterflies, with playdates yesterday and today. There are about a million kids in the church, so lots of people in our boat to hang out with and relate to. We've also been having dinner with families in the church and are enjoying getting to know people.
I know I haven't been doing my blogging very often, but I feel like it's the same old story, day in and day out. Life is sorta stuck here, househunting, waiting at the Berends' for Broadway house to be fixed, Amos not really napping and army crawling everywhere and so on. I can get really restless on some days, but mostly am being blessed by everyone's kindness, graciousness and hospitality, that it makes it all a bit easier. I do long for my own place, though, to return those favors. Someday...
Nathan is excited about trying to make this week a normal one, with no conferences to prepare for and so on. He has been going to work around 7:30 or 8 am and getting done with work around 5 or 5:30 pm, which are hours I really like! He is enjoying his job, too, trying not to get too overwhelmed and still get things done on time! This last Sunday, we sang "Rejoice, the Lord is King," during communion and it was so awesome. It is one of my favorites, but it was also sweet to sing a very familiar hymn and worship.
The weather has been so nice and cool, with no humidity and bright sun. We are all looking forward to fall and sweater weather!! Football is on every weekend and folks around here are excited about their superbowl winning Colts. I'm looking forward to these next months. Especially this one, the last month of my twenties!!

No comments: