Monday, September 10, 2007

Another one bites the dust.

So, yeah, back to househunting!
My dad was up again this weekend (living so closely to them rocks!!) and did an official inspection of the house that needs a redo and the dollar amount was well over what we thought it would be and what we could/should afford. So, we're not moving forward with the house. Bummer!
We are continuing to look, and hope that the right one comes along soon.
We are also still here with the Berends, and will be here until the other house is done being worked on. Then we will live there until a house is found!


Nap Strike
Amos has been on a nap strike, only napping for 45 minutes at a time. Last week was really tough, as he was adjusting my nap expectations. It was probably the worst time of the month ;)for him to do that, and Friday was the culmination of frustration and had-it-ness. (is that a word?) It has been really hard and quite a battle of the wills. I literally had to walk away a few times, with him screaming in his bed, for the good of us both.
So I am not sure what's happening with him. He doesn't really like his bed, and prefers ours. So, I am trying to be consistent in putting him in his bed.




He also spent his first ten minutes in the nursery at church yesterday. I put him down on the floor and he took off to play with new-to-him toys. So, I left, feeling confident that he would have a great time. Ten minutes later, he had escaped through the door and was crawling in the hall way to find me. When they took him back, he started to cry and scream, so they came to find me. Oh well, we'll try again next week! It was a great ten minutes, though, not wrestling with Amos in the pews!


Arts Conference Weekend
This weekend our church had an arts renewal conference and we were reunited with dear friends from afar. Rick Jensen came into town and it was bittersweet to spend time with him and hear of tales from home. My dad was here too and our good buddy Holly Dutton came into town as well. We had fun hanging out, with the conference closing Friday night, complete with an art show opening and Bruce's band's last performance.
We also played with friends from Utah, Jonathan and Sarah and their daughter Stella, who were here for the conference as well.





Last night we had a date to Buca di Beppo (yes, we brought home lots of leftovers!) and on the walk back to the car, saw fireworks in the squaircle (as Nathan calls it) downtown. We were not sure what they were celebrating, but they were cool to watch anyway. By the time they were done, Amos was screaming!!




I am glad you all are writing comments, as I one day intend to send out personal emails. I miss my friends in Seattle big time and while I'm making new ones here, it will take time to amass the blessed histories like the ones I've left behind in each city I've moved away from.

2 comments:

Carie said...

So enjoy reading your posts! We check your blog everyday! love, carie, kenny, and caleb

Jonathan said...

Haha! That picture of nathan, rick, and kenny is hilarious!