

Our new room complete with a Bamboo floor (thanks Jon!), lots of insulation (thanks Brendan!), awesome lights and wiring (thanks Rick!), plumbing for a new laundry room (thanks Tom and Fred!), awesome drywall hanging (thanks Thor!) and very great and necessary framing (thanks Dad!). All of these people played a huge roll in getting our room done. Nathan worked hard as well, and couldn't have done it without your help!

Preparing my specialty: Garlic Mashed Potatoes for Thanksgiving dinner. Kletia lent her strong mashing muscles while I cheered her on!
Amos and "aunt" Laura on Thanksgiving.
Well, November and December were quite interesting months. We definitely hibernated, as we got a few inches of snow after Thanksgiving. It was such a beautiful alternative to the yucky and gloomy rain, that I didn't even mind staying home. Amos and I would pull up the blinds each day just to look at it. One snow day, Nathan stayed home and we spent the day building our California Closets pieces and then moved in the next day. We love our new room and owe so many people BIG BIG thanks. We love you all! Also in November, Amos also started getting the RSV shot, which is medicine that contains anitbodies to protect him against the dangerous Respitory Virus. He's gotten one each month, and we look forward to our home visits with Lillie, our RSV nurse. We went into December with much anticipation for our trip to TN for Christmas. Online shopping and Christmas letter writing ensued, only I never got it sent out and decided that we didn't all need to relive the last year, anyway! Before we went tto TN, we got to practice our packing-up-baby skills by going to Aunt Beth and Uncle Dan's house due to the massive wind storm that came through, leaving this area looking like a tornado hit it. At first, I was scared that a tree would fall on us, so we packed up and decided to spend the night at Beth and Dan's. Little did we know that we would spend the entire weekend with them, as we lost power until Sunday night. Silly me, I didn't grab any of my frozen milk stash, so I lost it. Boo hoo. We got home just in time to do laundry and pack up again, as Amos and I went to TN early to spend more time with family.

1 comment:
I love the new pictures and am so excited for your new room....it is beautiful!!! Hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment